For those interested, here’s my fan encounter highlights on our chance encounter with Got7 during Saturday’s lunch, December 27. As many would know, Got7 arrived in Manila around 11am on Saturday for their participation in KPop Convention 6. They had lunch at this restaurant where my sister, cousins, friend and I were also having our lunch.
Got7 is a seven-member idol group under JYP Entertainment. They debuted in January 2014. Among their songs are Girls, Girls, Girls (debut song) A, and HajiHajima. I consider myself a casual fan as I’m not much into their music, but I loved watching their variety shows.
So. This will not be a detailed fan account. My sister has done that here. And we were sworn to secrecy so the name of the restaurant will also not be revealed. For reference, I will call it Resto K. We we’re so hungry that morning, and it was already a little before twelve when we found Resto K. My cousin Dan has been there before and she said the place was good so we tried it ourselves. We were also celebrating our cousin Gerty’s birthday, and like the previous birthdays she had, we were celebrating it K-Style.
And so, my highlights begin here:
* We came in as the second customer. Or maybe third, because when we arrived Ms. Happee Sy was already there.
* I know I recognize her from somewhere but I wasn’t sure. Apparently, I first saw her in EDSA Shang ( a hotel in Metro Manila) when Super Junior first visited the country in April 2010.
* We were picking our food when the Pulp Van arrived. About 5 Korean staff came in first.
* Right about this time my sister was already panicking. I was excited.
* Bambam walked in first, dashing, and surprisingly taller than I expected. He greeted the restaurant staff.
* Mark walked in next, greeted the restaurant staff, and I felt my jaw dropped. He’s my favorite and to be standing about a feet from him without anyone or anything in between us was -well- jawdropping. He was fairer than humanely possible. At least in my perspective. But, he looked shorter in person. Or maybe because he was hunched over bowing?
* I hurried to our table afterwards, and when I turned I saw Yugyeom. Who is of course, really tall, and clad in black.
* I think Jaebum and Youngjae walked in right about that time but I don’t remember seeing them.
* There were a couple of security people and staff scurrying around so it was a bit of chaos.
* I think they occupied 8 tables. We were seated 4 tables away from the boys because they were at the end of the room. I think the staff using the table next to us were the coordinators? I’m not sure. They were doing hotel room assignments for the boys and the whole team, I guess.
* Ms. Happee Sy approached our table and asked if we were fans. And she said not to text or tweet anyone informing them of the boys. Photos were also not allowed.
* I was happy watching them without actually trying to squeeze in between fans and hauled cameras so I was pretty much contented with just looking.
* My sister said Jinyong walked in a bit later than everybody. The first time I saw him, he was already picking out his food. He was about the same height as staff unnies.
* Jackson was the last one to walk in, I think after everybody has already settled their food choices. He was also clad in black and looked dashing.
* He sat beside Mark (my MarkSon heart).
* The photo below sort if details the seating arrangement when everybody was eating.
* Seat plan changed when they were done eating (ie, Younjae transferred to the seat beside Yugyeom and ate again)
* I heard Mark’s infamous laugh-screech. Hahahaha. This was when Jackson was already there.
* Jaebum walked beside our table a couple of times to get Sprite. I think he had two cans for himself.
* Mark and Jackson made bibimbap together (my ship is sailing. Sorry. But I’m a huge fan of their friendship).
* Youngjae was still chewing and patting his stomach when he approached the food table (again).
* Jackson was very bubbly and he approached all the tables of the staff. He even went to the table next to us and talked with the staff the longest (requesting for a roommate? Imagine my excitement when Mark posted this). He was VERY handsome. And he looks taller in person.
* Bambam had the coolest walk as if he was on a runway. I can’t wait to see him actually do modelling.
* Jaebum was in a wifebeater and his arms were really toned. Doing a lot of exercise lately, JB?
* Jackson went to a restricted area and did a double take. He was supposed to go to the toilet which was the next door.
* They stayed in about an hour before shuffling out one by one.
* Jackson has the loudest Thank You.
* Jaebum was the last one to leave.
We continued talking about the members after they left. Mich, our friend, favored Jackson the most. She’s not a fan and she didn’t know them, but she shared our excitement, nonetheless. It was also during this time when were able to finally take commemorative photos of our food trip that turned into a memorable lunch admiring the members of Got7.
Are you a fan of Got7? Or Kpop for that matter? Any coincidental experiences to share? I would love to hear/read them as well, so post them on the comments below!
For more kpop, kdrama, and kculture updates, follow @jaegongju on Twitter!